What is Android
Android is an open platform for mobile development. The
first truly open comprehensive platform for mobile devices. It
includes an operating system, user-interface and application all
of the software to run a mobile phone but without the proprietary
obstacles that have hindered mobile invocation.
- Android is a mobile operating system that provides
platform to run android app
- Android apps coded in java or native languages C,C++.
- Android is design for light weighted as a small device.
- For Example:- Smart Phone,Tablet,Camera ,Electronic book
- Android based on the Linux kernel and currently
developed by GOOGLE.
Android is provide a development platform for an
increasingly wide range of hardware, including tablets and
- A free, open- source operating system for embedded
- An open-source development platform for creating
Android several necessary and departments parts
- A Compatibility Definition Document (CDD) and
Compatibility Test Suit (CTS) that describe required for a
device to support the software stack.
- A Linux operating system kernel that provides a
low-level interface with the hardware, memory management ,all
optimized for mobile and embedded device.
- Open-source application development, including SQlite,
WebKit , OpenGL, and a media manager.
- A software development kit (SKD) used to create
application, including the related tools, plug-ins, and
Android platform components
The Android system is a full software stack, you can see in
the following diagram .
Android devices typically come with a suite of preinstalled
application part of the Android Open Source Project(AOSP).
- e-mail client
- SMS Management application
- WebKit based web browser
- Home screen
- Music player and Picture gallery
- Camera and Video Recording
- Gmail email client
- Google Talk instant-messaging client
- You Tube video player
An API which allows high-level interactions with the
Android system from Android applications.
Libraries and runtime
The archives for many common functions (e.g.: graphic
rendering, data storage, web browsing, etc.) of the Application
Framework and the Dalvik runtime, as well as the core Java public
library for running Android applications.
Announcement layer for the fundamental hardware.