Features of C Language
C is the widely used language. It provides a lot of features
that are given below.
- Machine Independent or Portable
- Mid-level programming language
- structured programming language
- Rich Library
- Memory Management
- Fast Speed
- It is a robust language with rich set of built-in
functions and operators that can be used to write any complex
- The C compiler combines the capabilities of an assembly
language with features of a high-level language.
- Programs Written in C are efficient and fast. This is due
to its variety of data type and powerful operators.
- It is many time faster than BASIC.
- C is highly portable this means that programs once written
can be run on another machines with little or no modification.
- Another important feature of C program, is its ability to
- A C program is basically a collection of functions that
are supported by C library. We can also create our own function
and add it to C library.
- C language is the most widely used language in operating
systems and embedded system development today.